Last updated on July 5th, 2021
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Tip: You can verify your internet speed free at www.speedtest.net.
- Desktop. Tablet or smartphone type devices are not recommended.
- Camera: It can be the one built into the computer or a web camera connected to it*.
- Mouse or Trackpad.
- Tip: You may also consider using a set of headphones with a built-in microphone.
*Smile for the camera. For a better learning experience, students are highly encouraged to turn on cameras during class.
4 reasons why we should turn the camera on in class:
- Non-verbal cues are an essential part of communication that gets left out without the ability to see someone you are having a conversation with. Turning on your camera during a class allows you to maximize the communication channel adding more sentiment and expressions that spice up the discussion, it’s just a fact.
- It improves engagement. The “virtual eye contact” prevents others from multi-tasking and not paying attention.
- It keeps remote classes even more connected.
- Auditory recognition is inferior to visual recognition memory. Read more here.
- Tip: We recommend downloading the official Zoom app for a better class experience.
It's important that each student has their own personal area and/or space so that the student can feel comfortable and at ease.
Here are some tips to help you study and learn at home in a great way.
- Firstly, it's important to have a personalized space that is surrounded by things you'll need and like. Objects that define you, decorating the area to your preference.
- Secondly, it's also really good for this space to feel pleasant and not have many distractions around. For example, you could have a candle of your favourite fragrance or pick out a favourite picture and frame it. You also want a space that not only has ambience but a well lit atmosphere. This way you can effortlessly see what you can be working on, like your homework on your desk!
- It’s also important to make sure your seat is comfortable and does not bother you during your studies. Comfortability to your preference!
- Lastly, when creating this relaxing space, the location of it should be in a part of your home where there isn’t loud noise or clutter. Basically, just a place where you can find yourself uninterrupted as you work and participate in the lessons.
Overall, having this special area for yourself can impact and affect your mood greatly. It can also give you the flexibility and comfortability to study, learn, read in which way is best for you.
We hope these suggestions and ideas helped with your modern online learning experience to come. Can’t wait to start!
Today’s learning might look a little different but the Caminito a la escuela should lead to great learning and an enjoyable experience.
Welcome new students & Welcome back returning students.
SIELE SPANISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE
Before enrolling to our SIELE exam, be sure to carefully review the SIELE technical and environmental requirements and know the steps to follow to take the exam remotely.