This course provides opportunities for students to begin to develop and apply skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in the language of study. Students will communicate and interact in structured activities, with a focus on matters of personal interest and familiar topics, and will read and write simple texts in the language.
Throughout the course, students will acquire an understanding and appreciation of diverse communities in regions of the world where the language is spoken. They will also develop skills necessary for lifelong language learning
Students are encouraged to communicate in Spanish by following the communicative language method. The more they use Spanish, the more proficient and confident they become in speaking Spanish independently.
In Spanish 1, the content of the course covers Lessons 1 to 4.
Print material included.
- Lesson 1: Hola ¿Qué tal?
- Guiding question: How to introduce yourself in Spanish?
- Greetings and goodbyes
- Identifying yourself and others
- Courtesy expression
- Lesson 2: En la Clase
- The classroom and school life
- Fields of study and school subjects
- Days of the week
- Class schedules
- Lesson 3: La Familia
- The family
- Identifying people
- Professions and occupations
- Lesson 4: Los Pasatiempos
- Places in the city
This course covers four units of the content of Lower Beginner A1. Students are required to complete between 1-2 hours of assignments per week to practice in class through more conversation and role-play activities.
- Grade: 9-12
- Prerequisite: None
- Total number of hours: 50 hours (approx. 30 hours of homework and 20 hours of live-led teacher’s conversational practice)
- Evaluation Criteria:100% of the Final Mark
- Homework 40%
- Quizzes 20%
- Class Participation 20%
- Presentations 20%
- Group Size: 4 Students Live Online / 6 students In-person or hybrid.
- The Ontario Curriculum: Classical Studies and International Languages
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- If you have more questions, please read our FAQs or contact us.
- Technical Requirements for online classes and remote exams.
Small size group classes,
6 students max.
SIELE authorized examination center
Experienced native Spanish trainers
Spanish private classes available
Small size group classes. 6 students max.