- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows, and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
In a Lower Beginner Level A1, the content of the course covers Lessons 1 to 9.
- Lesson 1: Hola ¿Qué tal?
- Guiding question: How to introduce yourself in Spanish?
- Greetings and goodbyes
- Identifying yourself and others
- Courtesy expression
- Lesson 2: En la Clase
- The classroom and school life
- Fields of study and school subjects
- Days of the week
- Class schedules
- Lesson 3: La Familia
- The family
- Identifying people
- Professions and occupations
- Lesson 4: Los Pasatiempos
- Places in the city
- Lesson 5: Las Vacaciones
- Travel and vacation
- Months of the year
- Seasons and weather
- Ordinal numbers
- Lesson 6: ¡De Compras!
- Clothing and shopping
- Negotiating a price and buying
- More adjectives
- Lesson 7: La rutina diaria
- Daily routine
- Personal hygiene
- Time expressions
- Lesson 8: La Comida
- Food descriptions
- Lesson 9: Las fiestas
- Parties and celebrations
- Personal relationships
- Stages of life
The purpose of this course is to review the content of Lower Beginner A1 and apply it in class through additional role-playing and conversation.
Students are required to complete between 2-3 hours of assignments per week on the digital platform.
- Prerequisite: None
- Total number of hours per level: approx. 80-90 hours (including 40 in an Intensive or Semi-Intensive and 60+ hours in a Regular pace course of live-led teacher’s conversational practice and assignments)
Important considerations about our courses before you sign up:
- We follow the Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century and adopt a communicative approach. The student works on the four language abilities in every class: speaking, writing, reading, and listening.
- In order to properly implement a conversational class, it is required:
- 90% Attendance.
- Homework in the digital platform. Depending on the type of course, all of our group courses require between 30 minutes and three hours of homework per week.
- Can’t commit to the homework in a group course? Join us in a private course. Contact us.
- Evaluation Criteria: 100% of the Final Mark
- Homework 40%
- Quizzes 20%
- Class Participation 20%
- Presentations 20%
- Pass rate required: 75%
- Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy apply
- If you have more questions, please read our FAQs or contact us
- Technical Requirements for online classes and remote exams
Small size group classes,
6 students max.
SIELE authorized examination center
Experienced native Spanish trainers
Spanish private classes available
Small size group classes. 6 students max.
1 hour / Once per week / During 10 Months
2 hours per week / During 6 or 9 Months
2-5 Hours / Once or + Per Week / During 3 Months
In-Person - There is a limited number of in-person group and private courses available at our location in Oakville.
Live Online - Meet at the same time and day each week online via Zoom. Complete homework assignments outside of class time. Engage in meaningful conversations with other classmates and a qualified instructor.
Hybrid - Conveniently designed to integrate live online and in-person learning. Never miss another class!
Self Paced Online - Follow a predetermined curriculum and time frame to enable consistent and progressive Spanish study at your own pace.
Yes, however, prior to joining any of the ongoing courses a 75% pass result of a proficiency evaluation is required.
To easily assess what course level is the right fit for you, please take a moment to complete our Spanish proficiency test.
Speak Spanish Academy reserves the right to cancel programs with a full refund due to low enrollment. Two weeks before the starting day, the Academy will refund the full amount.
In the event a student needs to cancel with less than two weeks notice to the course's starting date or for courses in progress. The Academy will only provide credit to be used in 12 months after written cancellation notice is received.
No refunds will be given for the student's absence.
No make-up classes are available for group classes. However, please send us an email at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled class if you can't attend it, and we will record it for you.
Please visit our terms and conditions to learn more about our refund policy.
My son is enjoying his experience with learning spanish at present. He is quickly learning the language and having no difficulties. His teacher is patient and encouraging. We are pleased with his progress so far. Thank you Celina and team.
My son is enjoying this Spanish course. He finds this particular course easy to follow and understand. The class size is small so he gets the appropriate time with the instructor.
Loving how this school delivers its program. My son is learning a new language and he is doing it with so much ease and interest. Thanks Celina.